Police in Minneapolis say two officers involved in the fatal shooting of a black man last November won't face discipline.
The decision comes after a months-long internal investigation and is in line federal and state investigations of officers Mark Ringgenberg and Dustin Schwarze and their actions on November 15, 2015, when the 24-year-old black man was shot and killed.
Bob Kroll says Officers Mark Ringgenberg and Dustin Schwarze have been through almost a year of investigations following the death of 24-year-old Jamar Clark.
According to eyewitnesses, the man was shot "execution-style" as he was handcuffed, but Minneapolis police insisted that Clark was not in handcuffs. Prosecutors are still weighing a decision on whether to charge the officer involved.
"Their actions have been put under a microscope", Harteau said.
"To say they couldn't find any policy violation verges on the absurd", said Albert Goins. The incident came at a time of intense debate in the United States over police use of force in minority communities and Clark's death sparked protests where dozens where arrested. He questioned the thoroughness of the department's investigation and said a civil lawsuit is forthcoming.
Harteau said the officers didn't violate any policy and the use of deadly force was warranted.
Police in Minneapolis say they have an update in an investigation tied to the fatal shooting of a black man previous year.
On March 30, he announced that his office will not file criminal charges against the officers, saying Clark's DNA was found on the Ringgenberg's gun grip, and there was no bruising on his wrists - which both backs the officers' stories that he was not handcuffed and he had reached for one of their weapons.
After announcing charges would not be filed against the two officers, Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman told KARE 11 that in the moments before the fatal shooting, officers used a takedown technique not "normally favored" in Minneapolis.
Jamar Clark died in November in a confrontation with two white officers on the city's north side.
Harteau said the shooting had been devastating for the Clark family and that she had met with them earlier on Friday.
She said Ringgenberg's takedown of Clark after he refused to take his hands out of his pockets was "not a chokehold" and was appropriate as a move to bring Clark to the ground - "the most effective place to gain control of someone". Neither officer was charged.
The local prosecutor and the USA attorney in Minneapolis declined to file charges.