General view of the Mangle nightclub in Dalston, east London on Monday April 17, 2017.
A London Fire Brigade spokeswoman said an "unknown corrosive substance" was thrown within the nightclub. None of the injuries were life-threatening.
TWO Australian sisters have been caught up in a terrifying acid attack at a popular London nightclub.
"Ten people have been treated for minor burns at the scene and taken to east London hospitals by LAS".
Isobella said she saw someone use a drink bottle to splash two men in the face with a liquid, which also splashed on her, her sister and others standing around them.
The two men believed to have been targeted suffered "serious facial injuries" and a police spokesman told the Gazette one of them could have his eyesight affected.
Isobella Fraser, 22, and her sister Prue, 20, both suffered burns when a man sprayed at least 12 people inside Mangle E8 in Hackney early on Monday.
Emergency crews - including a hazardous area response team - were dispatched to the club, off London Fields park, to reports of "chemical burns".
The police said the substance sprayed into the club was "yet to be identified, but it is believed to have been acidic".
Mangle Club have said in a statement that they are now cooperating with the investigation by Metro Police, but are not at liberty to comment on the incident at this stage.
The witness added: "It was like a war - the police were everywhere". "We're seeing more and more attacks on the streets and it's becoming a gang weapon but this wasn't gang related".
They were thankful their injuries were not more serious and said others were badly hurt when the substance hit them in the face.
It is understood about 600 people were at an event in the club.
An investigation is now underway.
London has seen a sharp rise in acid attacks in London in recent years.
No arrests have yet been made, according to the Met.
The venue said in a statement: "We are now cooperating with the police's investigation into an incident that occurred on Monday morning".