Switzerland has given an insight into why it was part of the negotiation that led to the release of the 82 Chibok girls abducted three years ago by the terror group, Boko Haram.
The release was made possible after "lengthy negotiations" which saw the Nigerian government agree to an exchange of some Boko Haram prisoners for the schoolgirls.
A total of 276 girls were kidnapped and 113 have not escaped or been released.
The Nigerian government announced that 82 of the girls who had been taken from a school in Chibok, Nigeria, had been released in exchange for handing over six suspected militants to Boko Haram.
Yakubu Nkeki, head of the Abducted Chibok Girls Parents' group, said parents of the girls would only be able to see their daughters once government approval was given. Families should have access to their daughters and be informed of the reasons for their continued detention.
The release of the 82 Chibok girls could be a sign that the militants are weakening further, raising hopes that the remaining captives will be freed one day, said security analyst Ryan Cummings, head of risk management consultancy Signal Risk.
Members of the #BringBackOurGirls campaign rally in Nigeria's capital Abuja to mark 1,000 days since over 200 schoolgirls were kidnapped from their secondary school in Chibok by Islamist sect Boko Haram, Nigeria January 8, 2017.
The minister thanked President Muhammadu Buhari for his serious commitment towards the recovery of the girls.
The other young women, held for more than three years, are in Abuja with government officials who are supervising their re-entry into society.
Balele also known as Dan-Arewa, described the release of the girls as good news for Nigeria, Africa and the whole world.
He commended the efforts of security agencies and the global communities involved in negotiations toward the release of the girls. "Their health and wellbeing is paramount to us and such evaluation takes time, especially with such a huge number of girls". However, when Isis replaced Abubakar Shekau as leader with Abu Musab al-Barnawi, a former Boko Haram spokesperson, the group split in to at least two factions.
"The Nigerian Army is happy with the safe return of the girls".