Craig McLachlan: accusers angry over production company's denial

Craig McLachlan: accusers angry over production company's denial

Craig McLachlan: accusers angry over production company's denial

The makers of The Doctor Blake Mysteries TV series will temporarily suspend production as actor Craig McLachlan faces accusations of inappropriate behaviour.

As well as starring in popular Australian shows like Home & Away and Packed To The Rafters, McLachlan released three studio albums between 1990-1996 and a number of hit songs such as Mona.

Victoria Police have also confirmed they are investigating claims of sexual offences by McLachlan from two women.

In an email to the ABC, McLachlan denied all allegations against him.

GFO said the allegations would "not affect the production across Australia", with the show to continue in accordance with the current schedule.

McLachlan has reportedly said he's never "done anything like this" adding he's in a relationship with a long-term partner.

The show's producers, the Gordon Frost Organisation, said they were taking the allegations against the former Gold Logie victor very seriously.

"In response, we have spoken to Craig and have mutually agreed that it is not appropriate for him to continue in the current production of the show", the producers said in a statement provided to The Associated Press on Tuesday.

They have vowed to co-operate fully with authorities and will also conduct an internal investigation.

The Doctor Blake Mysteries, a show starring McLachlan which ran on the ABC for five seasons and was due to start on Seven this year, is now in a little bit of limbo.

The producers of the Rocky Horror Show, Gordon Frost Organisation, or GFO, said they were shocked to hear of the allegations against their star performer during the 2014 tour of the show.

December Media said it was confident that there had been no incidents involving any member of cast or crew acting inappropriately toward others in the six-year history of the series.

"We can also confirm that our records show the claimants at no time made any complaint - formal or informal - to the company manager or executive producer of The Rocky Horror Show in 2014", the company said. A statement from Seven said they are now "seeking an urgent update from the producers".

Latest News