Paul caused widespread outrage when he visited a forest in Japan where many folks had taken their lives, and uploaded a video of him and his entourage coming across a recently deceased man hanging from a tree. He was supposed to star in a new YouTube movie called The Thinning: New World Order, a sequel to the film YouTube and Paul released two years ago.
It also dropped Paul from Foursome, a romantic comedy available on YouTube's subscription service on which the vlogger had been a main cast member for three seasons.
YouTube also said it will strike out Paul from its "Preferred Programme" that enables companies to post ads next to the site's most popular content creators. Paul's channel is still active on YouTube meaning he'll still receive the same ad revenue that average YouTuber receive when users watch their content, he just won't receive the higher advertising rate that he received as part of the Preferred program. We should note that Paul, despite being an actual walking bag of garbage, is one of YouTube's biggest and most successful stars, and they have a rather large monetary stake in his "brand". The video is no longer available on YouTube.
Aside from his videos, Paul makes money from sponsored social media posts and merchandise - and it's worth noting that his apology video has racked up almost 40 million views.
It seems YouTube has taken action against Logan Paul, only one day after the platform tweeted that it was looking to take further action.
On Wednesday, YouTube finally came up with a statement on the video, stating that "Suicide is not a joke, nor should it ever be a driving force for views". It issued a "strike" against Paul's channel for violating its community guidelines after the posting.
Google is planning a new push to vet top-tier YouTube videos that it bundles for major advertisers, people familiar with the effort said, moving to address resurgent concerns that inappropriate content is being shown alongside brand messages.