In the posted video, the face of the person who appeared to have taken his or her own life is blurred.
He said the shots of he and his friends laughing nervously after the discovery of the body were "raw and unfiltered" reactions and that the video should never have been posted or even filmed. "I'm simply here to apologize", Paul said.
"I want to apologise to anyone who has seen the video". I want to apologize to anyone who has been affected or touched by mental illness or depression or suicide. "For my fans who are defending my actions, please don't - they do not deserve to be defended".
"I made a huge mistake, I don't expect to be forgiven". I'm just here to apologize. I'm disappointed in myself and I promise to be better. "I will be better".
Although the video has been taken down, segments were still online. Paul and his crew reportedly approach a man hanging from a tree in the forest. "It was gonna be a joke". "Why did it become so real?"
Stephen Guino, 38, from Skelmersdale in West Lancashire, said the episode had been seen by his seven-year-old daughter, who had thought it was a joke.
When we came across that day in the woods was obviously unplanned.
Paul and his friends gather at the parking lot. I should've put the cameras down and stopped recording what we were going through. "I cope with things with humor".
The vlogger earlier published a written statement to social media, but has faced continued criticism over the incident and his initial response. Not sure where he got the idea that making a joke out of suicide would have any positive outcomes, but on the plus side, he's now getting dragged to pieces by just about everyone on the internet.
"YouTube prohibits violent or gory content posted in a shocking, sensational or disrespectful manner".
"If a video is graphic, it can only remain on the site when supported by appropriate educational or documentary information and in some cases it will be age-gated".
YouTube also pointed out that it partners with groups such as the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline "to provide educational resources that are incorporated in our YouTube Safety Center". After the video garnered a massive backlash, the comedy vlogger deleted the post and shared a lengthy apology via Twitter.
He continued: "I didn't do it for views".
In his apology, the young star claimed that he "didn't do it for views" and that he "intended to raise awareness for suicide and suicide prevention".
But Paul's first apology didn't placate the growing anger and was criticized as being tone-deaf and self-praising.
By Monday, the news of the video had spread beyond Paul's core audience of teens and tweens, and several people called him out on social media, sharing concerns about the impression the video made on his young audience.