"We don't know how many of our girls have been found and no parent is sure that his daughter is among them", he told AFP. As for the three hundred Chibok school girls, about one hundred still remain in captivity. "It is possible some of the girls came across motorists and they gave them a ride to some places". "Majority are our friends' and brothers' daughters".
This week's incident carries particular echoes of the most infamous abduction - the 276 girls taken in April 2014 who became known as the "Chibok girls" - because the latest victims were also abducted during an attack on their school.
But give us few days, we will be able to tell you exactly the real situation of things.
"To us in HURIWA, this insensitive, irrational and infantile reaction by the information minister shows how the minds of those controlling the current central government is working that they care more about power rather than the precious lives of the millions of Nigerians".
The movement, called Bring Back Our Girls, became a global pressure on the Nigerian government. Those young women now seem lost forever to their families, unwilling to return home almost four years later.
The Nigerian military rescued 76 schoolgirls on Wednesday who had been abducted by the Boko Haram militant group, according to parents and local officials. We even gathered that the children would be handed over to the governor here in Dapchi. "The Yobe state government will continue to do everything necessary in partnership with security agencies and the federal government to address the situation".
"They have been starved out of oxygen and the oxygen they feed on is publicity so that they can grab the world's attention". He said we should cooperate with the government that they are doing their best.
Heavily armed jihadists stormed the boarding school in the remote town, forcing terrified students to flee into the surrounding bush.
Inuwa Mohammed, whose 16-year-old daughter, Falmata, was missing, said he was "devastated by this twist of events" and that his wife fainted on hearing the news and was in hospital. But the Minister of Information, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, while speaking to journalists on Friday, apologized to villagers, admitting the girls were still unaccounted for.
"We were all happy on Wednesday night when the news broke that some of the girls had been rescued in Geidam town".
"The Senator's heart goes to the parents of the girls who have not been accounted for, for the trauma we are all going through at the moment, as well as the entire students and their teachers for the harrowing experience the invasion had subjected them to" the statement said. "But we on our part, we believe Boko Haram abducted the children".