Trump's personal lawyer wants Stormy Daniels' lawyer gagged

Feds piece together Cohen’s shredded docs scrambled texts

Modal Trigger Michael Cohen Getty Images

"No, he's not my lawyer anymore, but I always liked Michael. And I think he's a good person", he said. Cohen has admitted making the payment, but Trump has denied the encounter with Daniels.

Cohen's lawyer, Brent Blakely, asked the U.S. Court in the Central District of California to prohibit Michael Avenatti from speaking publicly about a lawsuit he filed on behalf of Daniels in March, according to the court filing.

At the time, prosecutors had not yet provided Cohen's lawyers with reconstructed shredded documents or the encrypted messages.

U.S. District Judge Kimba Wood presides over a federal court hearing where attorneys for President Donald Trump and Michael Cohen tried to persuade the judge to delay prosecutors from examining records and electronic devices seized in NY. But I've always liked Michael. "It's an attack on all we stand for", the president said during a meeting with senior military leadership at the White House.

Agents seized paper files, computerized documents and phones from Cohen's home, safety deposit box and office in April.

Earlier this week, it was reported that Cohen planned to find new lawyers - preferably recent federal prosecutors in Manhattan themselves - to represent him as the criminal probe continues.

Cohen's attorney, Stephen Ryan, did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Cohen is under criminal investigation by the U.S. attorney's office in Manhattan for his personal financial dealings, including the payment he made to porn star Stormy Daniels on Trump's behalf before the election.

If Cohen's team can't finish reviewing the remaining documents to make privilege designations by the deadline, Wood might turn the rest over to a "taint team" of government prosecutors to finish the review, she said.

"The government has conferred with counsel for Cohen and the parties jointly proposed to the court that - with the exception of the second Blackberry, from which data has not yet been extracted - all of the foregoing material will be reviewed by Cohen by June 25, 2018", said the letter signed by Robert Khuzami, one of the prosecutors working on the case. Wood said in a one-page order that she's considering the request and will postpone the deadline until she rules on it. Cohen's lawyers initially suggested that "thousands, if not millions" of privileged documents had been seized in the Federal Bureau of Investigation raid.

Latest News