The "Sorry Not Sorry" singer is now in Chicago for treatment with a therapist who specializes in mental health, wellness and sobriety.
The 25-year-old singer is now in rehab following a suspected overdose three weeks ago but, although details on the incident are being tightly guarded, it's been claimed that she had inhaled a painkiller combined with the depressant drug - the same medication that killed Prince - and that led to her falling unconscious.
Getting treatment for her struggles with addiction is just one of a few steps Lovato has taken to get back on the wagon following her overdose on July 24. TMZ cites sources with direct knowledge who said, "Demi had been at a party in WeHo following a birthday celebration at Saddle Ranch on the Sunset Strip. It is something I must continue to overcome and have not done yet", Lovato wrote. After receiving his text, the drug dealer arrived at 4am, and the two allegedly inhaled Oxycodone from tinfoil, also known as "freebasing". She "is really focusing on herself" and "her health right now", and her family is making sure they "eliminate all distractions". However, the batch "appeared to be laced with fentanyl".
Lovato thanked her family, team, the staff at the hospital and her fans for their love and support. Paramedics used the emergency medication Narcan to revive her before rushing her to a Los Angeles hospital for treatment.
"Now demi is much better".
It's pretty upsetting, but we're glad Demi is getting the help she needs. That realization came after she began to "grasp the severity of what happened and that she nearly died".