Elon Musk Is Now Calling a Cave Rescuer a 'Child Rapist'

News					Tesla Semi ‘speed & agility’ praised by professional driver after electric truck encounter

News Tesla Semi ‘speed & agility’ praised by professional driver after electric truck encounter

The Tesla CEO has further escalated the situation from when he first labelled the diver, Vernon Unsworth, a "pedo" in a tweet in July of this year.

Mr Unsworth is also considering defamation proceedings in London and the United...

He alleged that Mr Unsworth, 63, had spent decades visiting and living in Thailand and had recently moved to Chiang Rai in northern Thailand "for a child bride who was about 12 years old at the time". Now, Unsworth's 40-years-old girlfriend of seven years, Woranan Ratrawiphukkun, has defended Unsworth from Musk's accusations in an interview with the Daily Mail.

CEO Elon Musk continues to dent the profile of the otherwise sleek automaker with his unfiltered, non-PC prattling.

However, L. Lin Wood shared with Buzzfeed News a letter dated August 6, sent to Musk's Los Angeles home, stating that he was preparing a civil complaint for libel on behalf of Unsworth.

Unsworth's attorney reportedly said Musk's conduct "demonstrates that his recklessness is intentional and created to harm Mr. Unsworth", and a civil complaint has been prepped.

She also said: "Vern is a kind person".

Mr Unsworth's lawyer Mark Kennedy from the firm Howard Kennedy told the BBC that Mr Musk's allegations were baseless. "There's only one reason people go to Pattaya Beach".

But he incurred Mr Musk's wrath when he said a mini-submarine proposed by the tycoon to help in the rescue had "absolutely no chance of working", describing the offer as a publicity stunt. It isn't where you'd go for caves, but it is where you'd go for something else.

The original tweet branding Unsworth as a "pedo guy" has been deleted by Musk, who boasts over 22 million followers on Twitter. "Chiang Rai is renowned for child sex trafficking".

Musk said he and Tesla's board agreed Thursday to back off the buyout idea, and admitted that both retail and institutional shareholders expressed misgivings about the electric auto company going private. Richard Stanton, who Musk previously highlighted as another helper that urged him to continue developing the submarine, told the publication that Unsworth was "pivotal to the entire operation" and never removed from the site. "His conduct demonstrates that his recklessness is intentional and created to harm Mr. Unsworth".

In late August, Musk reignited the dispute by asking on Twitter "you don't think it's unusual he [Unsworth] hasn't sued me?" before stating that "he was offered free legal services".

Latest News