The foreign minister said Saudi Arabia's investigation into Khashoggi's death was still in its early stages.
A longtime USA critic of Saudi Arabia says he feels certain that Crown Prince Mohammed directed the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Sunday vowed to reveal within days the "naked truth" over the death of journalist Jamal Khashoggi as Riyadh insisted it did not know the whereabouts of his body and that Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman had been unaware of any operation to kill him.
Corker said he was waiting for investigations to be completed and hoped that Turkey would share any audio tapes of the killing of Khashoggi in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul.
Anadolu news agency reported that the decision was made by the Istanbul governor's office Sunday, citing an anonymous security official.
WASHINGTON: US President Donald Trump has accused Saudi Arabia of lying about the killing of Jamal Khashoggi, his strongest comments to date on the affair as pressure was building Sunday on the administration to strike a tougher line.
However, the new narrative - that Khashoggi was accidentally strangled after a brawl erupted between him and officials inside the consulate - was greeted with scepticism and condemnation from the global community.
Jubeir was the first senior Saudi official to speak on the record since the Saudis admitted on Saturday that Khashoggi was dead.
Hatice Cengiz, a Turkish national, waited for Khashoggi outside the Saudi consulate in Istanbul on October 2, where he was to get papers for their planned marriage.
Saudi Arabia says it arrested 18 people, sacked two aides of Mohammed bin Salman and set up a body, under his leadership, to reform the intelligence agency following the incident.
Democrats have repeatedly lashed out at Mr Trump's response as weak and indecisive, and they said his latest reaction fell short as well.
Turkish officials suspect Khashoggi was killed inside the consulate by the Saudi agents and his body cut up.
In an interview with the Washington Post, Trump said that "obviously there's been deception, and there's been lies".
"They made a mistake and killed Jamal Khashoggi in the consulate and they tried to cover up for it", Al-Jubeir said. "On the other hand you cannot teach a 33-year-old crown prince that he can get away with things that have this outrageous and stupid or he will be out of control for the next 40 years". On Saturday, the kingdom changed course dramatically, announcing that a preliminary investigation found that Khashoggi was killed after a fistfight inside the consulate.
The Brookings' Shadi Hamid on the Saudi's shifting explanations.
"There remains an urgent need for clarification of exactly what happened on October 2nd - beyond the hypotheses that have been raised so far in the Saudi investigation, which need to be backed by facts to be considered credible", the statement said.
On Sunday, Britain, Germany and France issued a joint statement indicating that the Saudi explanation of Khashoggi's killing did not go far enough. Two of the dismissed officials were among Mohammed's closest advisers, Saud al-Qahtani and the deputy intelligence chief, Maj.
Saudi Arabia faced a growing chorus of incredulity on Sunday, with world powers including Britain and France demanding answers and some American politicians calling for tough, concerted action to punish the Saudi royal family if it were proven to be responsible.
He says of the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation ally: "The Turks have been talking more to the media than they have us".