Kevin Spacey's Attempt To Skip Court Appearance Denied

Getty Images

Getty Images

Onetime "House of Cards" lead actor Kevin Spacey has to appear in a MA court on accusations that he groped a young man in 2016, a judge ruled earlier this week, rejecting the embattled actor's legal bid to skip the appearance.

Kevin Spacey made a rare return to public view in Baltimore this weekend, as he awaits his January 7 arraignment in Nantucket District Court.

A judge has denied Kevin Spacey's request to skip his upcoming hearing for the sexual assault case. That's when former Boston TV anchorwoman Heather Unruh said Spacey groped her teenage son in the bar area of a Nantucket restaurant.

"Spacey's lawyer, Juliane Balliro, doubled down, writing in case documents that his being there would only "heighten prejudicial media interest in the case" and increase the risk of contaminating the jury pool".

After posting a freaky video on Christmas Eve, in which he reprised his House of Cards role in an attempt to defend himself from dozens of #MeToo allegations, the actor donned a hat referring to his lack of work since the accusations went public.

The 59-year-old's public appearances come shortly after he was charged with felony sexual assault on Monday, 24 December.

It was unclear whether he was addressing the criminal charge.

It was claimed the alleged victim told others of the incident at the time, but reportedly cited his embarrassment having been "sexually assaulted by a famous person".

"Retired since 2017" suggests that Spacey had a say in his fall from grace; in reality, his career was derailed by numerous accusations of sexual misconduct, which found new resonance in the #MeToo movement.

Latest News