Aurora gunman lied to get firearm card

Aurora gunman lied to get firearm card

Aurora gunman lied to get firearm card

"I've never had to do something that hard".

She wrote about the message and her efforts to find her husband in a Facebook post Sunday morning.

Special response teams coordinated with SWAT teams and were sent in for dual missions - to locate and stop the shooter and to rescue victims, she wrote. "I want to shout from the rooftops about how fantastic Josh was!"

- One of the victims in Friday's workplace shooting in Aurora texted his wife as he lay dying to tell her he loved her, the man's wife said.

The gunman, 45-year-old Gary Montez Martin - who died during a shootout with cops - arrived at the warehouse on Friday for a meeting with human resources and was informed his position at the company had been terminated.

The suburban Chicago manufacturing warehouse where five people were fatally shot won't reopen until next week, but its doors will be open to support workers, company officials said Monday.

Martin had purchased the murder weapon, a.40-caliber Smith & Wesson handgun with a laser sight, in March 2014 from a local gun dealer, Aurora Police Chief Kristen Ziman told reporters on Saturday. He was ultimately released from custody on April 18, 1997, state police said.

Why he didn't will be part of the investigation of the incident, the police chief said. He joined the company 13 years ago at a facility in Alabama and moved to Aurora last spring, according to a letter to employees from Scott Hall, the CEO of Mueller Water Products, which owned the Henry Pratt Co. He was an alumnus of Northern Illinois University, the school's president said in a statement. He was on the dean's list at NIU's business college. During his career Beyer "held most of the different jobs in the plant" and also was a union chairman.

Vicente Juarez of Oswego, was a stock room attendant and fork lift operator. So she drove to Henry Pratt, where police had blocked access. Hours later, an officer told her of a staging area for victims' families.

The city of Aurora tweeted that about 1,700 people attended the vigil in a snowy lot outside the industrial valve manufacturer where several ministers and a rabbi called for healing.

The Water Street Mall in Aurora fell silent for five minutes today in honor of the five killed in the February 15 mass shooting at the Henry Pratt building. After the second procession, the crowd entered the police station and greeted members of law enforcement with hugs and handshakes. "Their loss has left a huge void in us all".

"The world is darker and more sad now".

"I have no bad words for him". Those who were in the gunfight and those who stood ready to battle are just as worthy of the term 'hero.' I have never been prouder to serve the men and women of APD as I was on that Friday afternoon. As we were coordinating operations, I looked around and saw hundreds of uniforms from all over the state standing at the ready.

Latest News