Cristiano Ronaldo rape accuser 'drops lawsuit' against Juventus star

Cristiano Ronaldo rape accuser 'drops lawsuit' against Juventus star

Cristiano Ronaldo rape accuser 'drops lawsuit' against Juventus star

"The state case was dismissed by us because we filed the identical claims in federal court due to federal court's rules on serving foreigners", Drohobyczer told AFP.

Rafael Buschmann, one of Der Spiegel's top reporters, said an earlier report Wednesday that Kathryn Mayorga's suit against Ronaldo had been dropped was incomplete.

Mayorga said she had reached an agreement with Ronaldo in the months after the alleged rape, but gave an interview to Der Spiegel previous year and said she wanted him to face trial.

It was later reported that police officials had requested a sample of Ronaldo's DNA.

Cristiano Ronaldo denied the allegations.

Der Spiegel reporter Rafael Buschmann, who was involved in the Mayorga interview, though, has insisted Ronaldo's rape case is not closed - it was however moved from the Las Vegas court to the USA federal court. "We basically just switched venues, but the claims remain".

Mayorga says Ronaldo raped her in a Las Vegas hotel room in 2009. The case remains open, she said.

Ronaldo then allegedly raped Mayorga, despite her screaming "no", before saying: "Sorry, I'm usually a gentleman".

After the lawsuit came to light, detectives from the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (LVMPD) announced they were reopening a rape investigation they had closed in 2009, after the alleged victim did not provide officers with the location of the incident or suspect.

The woman's lawyer, Leslie Mark Stovall, didn't immediately respond to telephone and email messages.

Latest News