After a medical assistant gave her an initial check-up, she quickly learned something else was going on.
"She then said, 'I think you have an insect in there, '" Torres told KSHB.
When Susie Torres went to go to see a doctor about her ear, the medical assistant who first checked her out seemed shocked, Torres told KSHB-TV. "It was like when you went swimming and you have all of that water in your ear", she said.
In some sort of miracle, the team informed her the arachnid skated down her ear canal without so much as a bite, she said.
The medical staff used tools to get the spider out.
Miraculously, the spider didn't bite Torres. Though the arachnids are highly venomous, the Center for Disease Control says that the brown recluse need counter pressure in order to bite humans, "for example, through unintentional contact that traps the spider against the skin".
According to the CDC, the brown recluse is one of two venomous spiders found in the USA, along with black widows.
Luckily, Torres didn't get bit by the spider and is doing OK.
"I never thought they would crawl in your ear or any part of your body", Torres added.
If left unnoticed and untreated the bites can cause a systemic illness that can cause fever, chills, nausea, joint pain, weakness and, in rare cases, seizures or even comas. Me neither, mate, but now I'm absolutely petrified.
Torres said, while she did not know exactly what was in her ear at that point, she did not panic.
Torres may have remained admirably level-headed throughout the ordeal, but that doesn't mean she's taking it lightly.
For being "terrified" of spiders, one Missouri woman kept impressively calm after she found out she had one in her ear.