PSG’s Leonardo: "Neymar made mistakes"

Football news - Neymar has 'made mistakes' in pushing for PSG exit, says sporting director Leonardo

Neymar Reportedly Willing To Take €15 Million Pay Cut To Rejoin Barcelona

The Ligue 1 transfer window closes on September 2, meaning Neymar has just two weeks to secure a move to Barca or remain at PSG until at least January.

People in Neymar's corner have been repeating this message since the start of May but the player himself has never said it. PSG have been saying that not only is Neymar part of the team but has a contract for three years and will stay if the right offer does not arrive.

PSG Sporting director Leonardo confirmed last week that talks regarding Neymar were at an advance stage, although the did not mention any club names.

The Spanish giants are believed to have made several offers for the Brazil worldwide, including one of 100m euros plus Philippe Coutinho.

"As you know, there have been discussions over his future", Leonardo told RMC Sport.

Barca's fierce domestic rivals Real Madrid are also reported to have interest in Neymar.

If reports are to be believed, Spain's two biggest clubs are now fighting it out to sign the Brazilian, who has grown exhausted of repeating the perpetual Paris Saint-Germain cycle after just two seasons in the French capital.

PSG have accepted the idea of Barcelona selling their star striker in a deal that would include an exchange for another player.

"I'm sure there are players who want to come back and ask the president for his effort, but Barca isn't going to move a single Euro to get him back".

Neymar is now training alone at PSG, although that is understood to be part of a scheduled programme rather than related to the transfer saga.

"He's a very important player for us, he has been for my two years here", he added.

Latest News