Brown said in the tweet that he "will not be playing in the NFL anymore", but this isn't the first time he's threatened to quit football. The two formed one of the most formidable offensive duos in the league for years but fell out when Brown left the Steelers earlier this year.
Brown's stint with team followed a split with the Oakland Raiders. This is how he remarked to news that a Sports Illustrated reporter was receiving threats over the report about the second sexual misconduct claim.
Heitner, Brown's attorney, has denied the artist's allegations.
Brown's agent told ESPN on Saturday that some teams have inquired about signing Brown, but wanted to know more about the NFL's investigation. Brown had previously been accused by a former trainer of multiple instances of rape and sexual assault. Britney Taylor says Brown sexually assaulted her on three occasions, according to a lawsuit filed Tuesday, Sept. 10, in the Southern District of Florida. The Patriots signed him only a few hours later, giving him a one-year deal that would have guaranteed him $9 million and paid him up to $15 million this season.
Despite the allegations, New England allowed Brown to suit up for last Sunday's game against the Miami Dolphins, in which he caught four passes, including a touchdown pass.
Someone needs to delete the Twitter app from Brown's phone, or maybe just take his entire phone away, because he's not doing himself any favors.
Meanwhile, he shared on Twitter a screenshot of an article reporting on Shannon Sharpe, the former tight end and sports analyst, saying he would "step aside" in 2010 after a woman accused him of sexual assault.
On Sunday, Brown went after several people, including ex-Pittsburgh Steelers teammate Ben Roethlisberger.